Langtang Valley Trek is one of the popular trekking routes in Nepal. Most of the travelers plan this trek due to the short duration (8 days) and reach the highest destination – Tserko Ri (5000m).
Table of Contents
Langtang Valley Trek blog post will provide top 10 things to know before booking; trekking route or itinerary, the best season to trek, permits that you need, maps, food, and accommodations during the trek. To know more, please continue reading.
Langtang Valley Trek is one of the popular trekking routes in Nepal. Most of the travelers plan this trek due to the short duration (8 days) and reach the highest destination – Tserko Ri (5000m). Trekkers will find this route quite surprising because every day you will discover different landscapes, forest, waterfall, and of course wonderful mountains.
What to Expect from Langtang Valley Trek?
Successfully completing trekking to Tserko Ri (5000m), highest altitude during Langtang Valley Trek
After intense research and discussion with our professional trekking guides. In this Langtang valley trek blog, we have listed out the major highlights of the Langtang valley trek.
- Kyangjin Gompa; Old Monastery in Langtang Region
- Tserko Ri (5000m); the Highest Altitude that you can reach
- Wild Animals; Snow Leopard, Black Beer, Musk Deer, Wild Boar and Rare Animals (Red Panda)
- Wonderful Mountains; Langtang Lirung, Sisa Pangma, Dorje Lakpa, Gang Chhenpo, Naya Kanga, Surya Peak and close up view of Yala Peak
- Langtang National Park
- Experience the local Tamang community
- Local Yak cheese factory located in Kyangjin and Sing Gompa
- Research on Red Panda Conservation
Langtang Valley Trek 7 Days Itinerary
Day 1: Drive to Syabrubesi (1550m)
Day 2: Trek to Lama Hotel (2380m)
Day 3: Trek to Langtang Village (3200m)
Day 4: Trek to Kyangjin Gompa (3870m)
Day 5: Explore Kyangjin Ri (4500m) and Tserko Ri (5000m)
Day 6: Trek to Lama Hotel (2380m)
Day 7: Trek to Syabrubesi (1550m)
Read more: Detail itinerary of Langtang Valley Trek 7 Days
Best Season for Langtang Valley Trek
- Spring (March, April, May): You can see the national flower of Nepal rhododendron, green forest, best mountain view
- Autumn (September, October, November): You can enjoy green forest as well as the best mountain view
- Beside above best season, the monsoon is also fine but it’s a rainy season. You should have a raincoat. Be careful from the leech. This season is most preferable for nature photographers who like flora and fauna, green forest, river, waterfalls and many more.
- Whereas in the winter season, you can view the mountain but the weather is very cold (should wear warm clothes). And, the Trekking trail is quite icy and slippery.
Langtang Valley Trek Permit Cost
For Langtang valley trek, you need following permits:
- Langtang National Park – USD 30 per person
- TIMS Card: USD 20 per person (For Free Individual Trekkers’)
- TIMS Card: USD 10 per person (For Authorized Trekking Agency)
Langtang Valley Trek Altitude
The maximum altitude that you can reach in whole Langtang Valley Trek is Tserko Ri which stands at 5000m. In an exploration day, most of the trekkers head to Kyangin Ri (4500m) where you can get the panoramic view of amazing mountains to include; Langtang Lirung (7234m) right in front of you. For that, you will have to walk 3-4 hours from Kyangjin Gompa.
Whereas, few physically fit trekkers (7-8 hours roundtrip) prefers to go for Tserko Ri because of the highest altitude and wonderful 360-degree view of Mountains and Peak which includes; Langtang Lirung, Sisa Pangma, Dorje Lakpa, Gang Chhenpo, Naya Kanga, Surya Peak and close up view of Yala Peak.
Food & Accommodations
During this trek, meat is only available in Syabrubensi. After that, you will get fresh yak cheese, eggs, and tuna fish instead of meat. If you get some time, don’t forget to check out Yak Cheese Factory located in Kyangjin and Sing Gomba.
You will find the following food items during the trek:
Breakfast: Tibetan Bread or Toast, Hash brown potato, eggs of any style
Lunch & Dinner: Nepali Dhal Bhat, Pizza, Chowmein, Mo: Mo, Thukpa, Fried Potato, Fried Rice, etc.
Throughout the trek, you will be staying in a Tea House. It is a simple guest house which has a normal bedroom on twin sharing basis and the big dining room. If you are wondering, how the teahouse looks like. Then, have a look at the following pictures of the bedroom, kitchen, and dining room:
List of Private Cost for Langtang Valley Trek
- Wifi: USD 6 (200mb Data)
- Water: USD 1 – 4 per liter
- Hard Drinks: USD 5 – 7 per bottle
- Energy bar (Snickers): USD 3 – 5
How difficult is Langtang Valley Trek?
For Langtang Valley Trek, you will have to walk 5-6 hours daily which includes; uphill and downhill. With that normal pace, you will easily reach to Kyangjin Gompa. But, to reach above Kyangjin, you should walk 7-8 hours round trip. Langtang valley trek can be comfortably completed by every level of trekkers. No matter if you are a beginner. Just you need to have the courage and willing power to complete it.
Find the List of Clothing and Gears to bring during Langtang Valley Trek. Also, you can find those gears on rent in Kathmandu.
Langtang region was vastly affected by the April 2015 earthquake and most of the trekking trails were blocked by a landslide. Nevertheless, due to the active participation of the local community, governmental as well as a non-governmental organization, the rebuilding process has been successfully implemented. It’s glad to share that the Langtang Valley Trek is officially open after an earthquake.
Now, you can find better teahouse than before, watch the local hydropower project, and share pictures using a high-speed internet connection. Trekking to Langtang Valley will not only provide an opportunity to view amazing mountains but also contribute to the local Tamang community for the living.
After reading the above Langtang Valley Trek blog post, if you are planning for Langtang Valley Trek. Feel free to contact us.